WILPF MONTHLY MEETING
We're celebrating WILPF's 100th Anniversary.
We generally meet every month on the third Saturday, 11 am to 1 pm at the Monterey Peace and Justice Center, 1364 Fremont, Seaside, CA.
This month we will meet on May 16.
WILPF members joined the Global Wave 2015
Governments will meet at the United Nations over four weeks in April-May 2015 for the five-yearly review of the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT). Civil society is calling on governments to end the threat of nuclear weapons by negotiating for their complete prohibition and elimination - a requirement of the NPT.16
The Global Wave will involve a simple public action in cities around the world in a timed fashion over 24 hours just before the 2015 NPT Review Conference in New York. Starting at a major peace rally in New York on April 26, and then proceeding westward through each time zone every hour, humanity will ‘Wave Goodbye to Nuclear Weapons’ through symbolic Wave events.
Global Wave 2015 is part of Peace and Planet: Mobilisation for a Nuclear Free, Just and Sustainable World.
Sat May 16, 2015
Monterey Peace and Justice Center
1364 Fremont Blvd, Seaside, CA 93955
We will be planning for our participation in the July 4th Parade
in Monterey and for the program for the Peace Lantern Ceremony/
Hiroshima,Nagasaki remembrance/Call for ending nuclear weapons
at Lover's Point Beach, August 8.
All are welcome at our meetings! Please join us!
Stop Fast Track TPP
Act Now to STOP Fast Track to Stop the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) “free” trade agreement.
WOMEN’S POWER TO STOP WAR
100 years of Peacemaking from a Woman's Perspective
- OUR CENTENNIAL CELEBRATION was on APRIL 22-25, 2015, at THE HAGUE, THE NETHERLANDS -- Members met to affirm a MANIFESTO shaping the next 100 years of our organization
- April 27-29 PEACE WOMEN (and like-minded men) joined the International Conference on Peacebuilding of the Century with hundreds from around the world to strategize and strengthen peacemaking
JOIN WILPF and you will become a part of an international community of courageous women activists who believe -
- conflict and wars cannot be stopped without the experience and expertise of women
- it is time for women to focus on and use their power to stop war.
- our weapons are dialogue, knowledge and persistence.
- we should insist on women's right to participate in all political fora, from Congress to the peace table.
More about the International Congress at women stopwar.org.
Visit WILPF US at www.wilpfus.org.Show More