Drop your ballot at the Los Altos Library until Sunday at 5pm OR at your Poll
Thank you for your support of my campaign for LASD Board of Trustees, 2014.
From the Santa Clara Registrars website:
All completed ballots must be received no later than 8:00 p.m. on Election Day! Track your ballot status.
Voted ballots must be sealed inside the provided return envelope, and the envelope must be signed by the voter to be counted.
Ballots can be returned:
At any Santa Clara County polling place from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Election Day.
At a Vote by Mail Drop Off Site: Drop boxes are available at city halls, college campuses, Santa Clara County Library District libraries, and other convenient locations throughout the county. A complete list of locations and hours announced before each election.
It is an exciting time for our Campaign. We continue to meet a very thoughtful community of supporters. I am very proud to live in such a wonderful community!
Thank you for your Vote for LASD Board of Trustees
VOTE for Measure N, the local school district bond measure that will help improve and increase the capacity of our local schools.
Bio- Martha McClatchie
Access to a strong public education is important to me and my family. Los Altos has great public schools and with great leadership, perseverance and commitment, the children of Los Altos will be better prepared for their roles in the 21st Century.
Please email me at: McClatchieLASD2014@gmail.com
Martha McClatchie has the Experience that Counts!
Local Community Volunteer Experience:
- Member of League of Women Voters Los Altos-Mountain View Area
- Los Altos Girl Scout Leader, active and former Service Unit 608 New Leader Advisor
- Los Altos Kiwanis Club Director
- Bullis-Purissima Elementary School Foundation, Treasurer and Board Member (2013-2014)
- Oak Elementary School PTA Treasurer and Financial Secretary (2007-2010)
- Oak Elementary PTA Outstanding Service Award recipient
- Los Altos Education Foundation (LAEF) contributor since 2007
- Los Altos Leadership Education Advancement Program alum (2012)
- Participant in LASD Educational Blueprint and BCS Long Term Strategy Sessions, 2011
- Host of series of LASD/BCS parent meetings in 2011 focused on community harmony
- AARP Tax Aide site councilor, Menlo Park (active since 2002)
- Reading Partners Volunteer at Castro School Mountain View (since 2010)
- Palo Alto Menlo Park Parents (PAMP) Club Membership Chair, Database Chair and VP Membership Operations (2004-2006)
- Senior Director of Finance, Clarent Corporation
- Audit Manager, General Electric Capital Corporation, Commercial Finance
- Ernst & Young, audit division
- Certified Public Accountant
- BS, Business Administration from Boston University and member of Claflin Society
Who is Martha McClatchie?
- Resident of Los Altos since 2007
- Financial Executive with more than 25 years direct management experience
- Passionate Community Volunteer
- Married with three daughters in grades 3nd, 4rd and 7th, attended Oak Elementary School from 2004-2012 currently attending Bullis Charter School
Let's Finish Strong- GOTV!
Dear McClatchie supporters, endorsers, walkers, donors, friends, neighbors and relatives,
This is the final stretch of my campaign for LASD Board of Trustees. Thank you so very much for all of your support. I am humbled by your confidence in me and I am ready to serve our community.
Let’s keep finding voters! Please continue to encourage your friends and neighbors to find their Mail in Ballot from the mail pile on their desks, fill out their 3 ballot sheets and either drop them at the Los Altos Library (only until Sunday at 5pm!) or at their polling place on November 4th. Polls close at 8pm. (find your polling places here: http://eservices.sccgov.org/rov/)
I am excited about the opportunity to be part of the LASD Board of Trustees and work together for the benefit of all public school children in our community.
Great Mailer! Thank you, LASD Parents for Great Schools!
This great mailer arrived in our mail today. I am really touched by the support of LASD Parents for Great Schools. Thank you for reaching out to our community!
14 Days left to mail in your ballot. Thank you for your VOTE. Martha
Endorsement of Los Altos Town Crier
Endorsement from Los Altos Town Crier
Los Altos Town Crier Ad that ran this week September 23rd
Check out my ad in this week's Los Altos Town Crier
Measure N $150M Bond Measure- vote YES this November, provided you get more information
Here is the Bond Measure as well as the LASD website information on Measure N.
The bond language as written is vague. It has to be written that way to get passed. That leaves us with a problem: Taxpayers are writing a check for $150 million to 5 people, the LASD Trustees. Sure, the LASD board has amassed a worthy group of people (The Facilities Master Plan Advisory Committee) who will work to prioritize the list of upgrades and capacity enhancements to existing sites, but their recommendations are only advisory to the Board.
The District's priority is finding a new school site, per the Superintendent's Enrollment Growth Task Force Report. The District is silent as to whether this new site will be for NEC children or BCS children, or both. Enrollment is as high as it was in the 1970's however, there are 2 fewer campuses to house all the children.
My opinion on the Bond: Vote Yes.
Use the funds to purchase property and build a new school. With remaining funds, make the upgrades and capacity enhancements to existing schools.
Who gets that new school site? The five Trustees will have to work on that together, with key stakeholders, parents and community contributing to the conversation. My vote would be for the neighborhood children that currently are being split to attend Almond, Covington and Santa Rita who are crossing El Camino 2x per day. For safety sake, there should be a school located in the north of El Camino neighborhood.
I am looking forward to being part of the Trustee team. Please vote for me in November for LASD Board of Trustees.
5 Year Agreement Between BCS and LASD
LASD BCS 5 Year Agreement
7/28/2014 the District and Bullis Charter School reached a 5 year facilities agreement. Among the details of the Agreement included: BCS & LASD agreed to drop litigation, agreed on an enrollment growth cap, and agreed on facilities location for the Charter School (Blach and Egan)
The end of litigation is huge, in that it means more budget available for Student programs. District & Charter personnel can be focused on educating our children.
Los Altos Candidate Statement courtesy of KMTV15.org
Los Altos Candidate Statement courtesy of KMTV15.org
Why Students in the US need Common Core Math
Los Altos Rotary Forum
Bullis Boosters Summer Bridge Camp
Helping slow the summer slide with the BBSBC 2014!4
Tue Nov 04, 2014
All Events are posted on my Facebook account
Town Crier: First candidate declares for fall LASD board race
Town Crier April 16, 2014
Support great teachers making great schools
We all remember fondly our BEST Teachers. All teachers should be the BEST!
Support quality education for all kids
Each Child is Unique
Increase productive communication between LASD and Bullis Charter School (BCS)
This is a priority for our communityShow More